Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Kokó Brandão: Conquest

“I had made a lot mistake and also right stuffs, but nothing that had disappointed me. I always use my mistakes to improve {my} work. Each new painting is a big conquest for me.” - Kokó Brandão

You ever meet someone so full of life with an over-whelming personality that you just had to know more about them? Someone whose excitement makes you excited!? The type of person that I am referring to is someone who thinks outside the color and the form of everyday living and freely creates lines the way they see them drawn.

Kokó Brandão, Brazilian born, Florida resident, is a true Abstract Expressionist. Kokó only started painting eight years ago in a country where the culture and language barrier could have played an issue with making a name for her. This obstacle however, was a motivation for her to express herself through art.

Kokó is known for her kind friendly helpful personality; she always wears a smile and has a happy positive outlook that makes people laugh. I was not surprised to find out that her favorite color is yellow. A color that is not only bright and full of life, but it signifies hope, joy, intellect,and happiness.

When someone sees the beauty in everything and everyone it’s easy to gravitate toward their artistry. Kokó is a happy extroverted person who is full of life and new adventures. The one thing I would have to tell Kokó who measures her success by the amount of painting she has sold is, “Kokó, you are successful because you give who you are to your art, and your beauty shows!”

More on Kokó: baterbys.com/orlando_bestartist-finalists-koko-brandao
Kokó website: www.kokobrandao.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment